Stand in the Fire is a live album by American singer/songwriter Warren Zevon, released December 26, 1980. It was recorded during a series of performances at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California and featured two new original songs ("Stand in the Fire" and "The Sin") and one new cover ("Bo Diddley's a Gunslinger"). The album was dedicated to Martin Scorcese. It was released in a limited edition, LP replica sleeve on CD April 25, 2006 in Japan. A remastered and expanded edition was released on March 26, 2007 in the U.K., March 27, 2007 in the U.S.
All songs written by Warren Zevon unless otherwise indicated.
- "Stand in the Fire"
- "Jeannie Needs A Shooter" (Bruce Springsteen, Zevon)
- "Excitable Boy" (LeRoy Marinell, Zevon)
- "Mohammed's Radio"
- "Werewolves of London" (Marinell, Waddy Wachtel, Zevon)
- "Lawyers, Guns and Money"
- "The Sin"
- "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"
- "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"
- "Bo Diddley's A Gunslinger / Bo Diddley" (Bo Diddley)
Bonus Tracks on 2007 Remastered EditionEdit
- "Johnny Strikes Up the Band"
- "Play It All Night Long"
- "Frank and Jesse James"
- "Hasten Down the Wind"
- Warren Zevon – bass, guitar, piano, keyboards, vocals, 12 string guitar
- David Landau – guitar
- Zeke Zirngiebel – guitar, electric guitar, rhythm guitar, steel guitar, vocals, 12 string guitar
- Bob Harris – synthesizer, piano, keyboards, backing vocals
- Roberto Piñón – bass, backing vocals
- Marty Stinger – drums
|1981||Billboard Pop Albums||80|
Learning to Flinch >>
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|